On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 11:12:10AM -0700, Phoenix Sol wrote:
> Is it alright to call evbuffer_readline() on a buffevent's evbuffer?
> ( Or any of the other evbuffer functions for that matter? )

You can do nearly anything with the evbuffers.  I think the only
limitations right now are that you shouldn't remove data from the
outbuf, you shouldn't add data to the inbuf, and you shouldn't change
the callbacks on the buffers.  This latter limitation will go away in
libevent 2.0.

> I'm wrapping bufferevents with a python 'socket module' interface, and must
> accomadate a 'fileobject' interface, which implements readline.
>
> Also, I want to keep copying to a minimum; maybe using bufferevent is not
> the best approach?

If you want to try 0-copy stuff with bufferevents, you'll need to wait
for Libevent 2.0.  Libevent 1.4 doesn't really support that so well.

--
Nick