On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 9:01 AM, Nick Mathewson <ni...@freehaven.net> wrote:
>> Would you consider using cmake?
>
> Looks interesting, but for the short term (i.e., the 2.0.x timeframe),
> maintaining and improving the autotools-based system we have now seems
> like it will be way less effort than switching.

This is creeping kind of offtopic for this list, but:

Another system to consider might be gyp.
Chromium was thinking about using cmake, but
something made it not quite good enough (possibly
its visual studio template wasn't flexible enough?),
so they rolled their own.  It's at
http://gyp.googlecode.com
and there is some doc in the wiki there.
Seems to work well for our needs across win/mac/linux.
- Dan