Hello,

I was able to spare some time and looked a bit more into this.
I found that channel_a_driver config was not really implemented in ftdi_eeprom
for Type_R chips.
Also handling of the type_R high_current_drive parameter was missing or not
working.
I have also added some more information to the ftdi_eeprom/example.conf file
and added a --verbose option to get some more output when using the
--eeprom-read option.

The changes are based on commit 0209a3633dc877a577af07d883eb5059e22f6a91 and
are currently available here: https://github.com/5inf/libftdi/commits/master

If there is interest in integrating any of these changes into the official
codebase, what is the preferred procedure for sending a patch?

Regards,
Holger