I quickly looked over this and it all looks sensible, ACK.

It also looks as if you only added new functions / accessors --
apologies if I missed something - I only gave it a brief scan -- so it
should be backwards compatible with existing code.

If there's something that is not backwards compatible then we'll need
to coordinate the change with some other users of the API.  (But we
don't offer backwards compatibility in general for non-C languages.
In fact we recently changed the OCaml bindings incompatibly.  So it's
not a blocker if this is the case.)

Thanks,

Rich.