Good evening, Frank...

Frank Reichert wrote:

> Good evening Dave!
>
> Dave Laird wrote to Frank Reichert...
>
>> Would you please repost this message in plain text format? I've been
>> following this story for several days, now, and I would like to know what
>> was said. Thanks...
>
> I transposed it into plain text and ran it through again.  Hope
> this helps.  Same subject line.

It is probably one of the most disturbing stories I've ever seen you
write, and I have read variations on the same theme nearly half a dozen
times in the last few days. Does Asscroft and his henchmen REALLY think
that the American public is going to allow the federal government to pass
this thinly-veiled attempt at a National ID card off without a battle?

I read one story in the Baltimore paper I believe, where in some cases
they had already got schools to "sign on" to this arrangement, which made
me wonder if there were more schools willing to sign away their kids'
civil liberties. Of course, once this gets going, what will happen to the
schools that refuse?

Can you envision a day when the President declares martial law in certain
regions of the country because the schools in that area might be terrorist
infiltrators? Can you envision a day when parents who refuse to cooperate
with authorities end up in prison, their children taken away for
"political training"? Why aren't there people in the streets mad as hell
over what is taking place?

Any ideas?

Dave
--
Dave Laird ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
The Used Kharma Lot

 Fortune Random Thought For the Minute
FORTUNE PROVIDES QUESTIONS FOR THE GREAT ANSWERS: #19
A:      To be or not to be.
Q:      What is the square root of 4b^2?