Good evening, Lowell...

Lowell C. Savage wrote:

> Good evening, Dave,
>> Good evening, Conster...
>>
>> Conster wrote:
>>
>> > Did you graduate from the well known Libertarian college of
>> > Wattsamatta U.?
>>
>> No, unfortunately I graduated from Berkeley, but I really DID want to
>> attend Yukapatooie U until I found out they didn't take white students.
>
> Yes, I think there was a time when Berserkely U was known as a libertarian
> college, wasn't there???

[HUGE knowing grin] Indeed, there was such a time. What also is a bit
curious is that at that same time, Campus Administration also opened the
Humanist House (for Humanists) located on campus, and even more
interesting, both within 20 feet of the Vice-Chancellor's House on West
Berkeley Campus. Some say the Vice-Chancellor, at that time, was either a
closet Humanist, a closet Libertarian or simply playing both sides of the
field.

Having met the Vice-Chancelor a time or two, I seriously doubt if either
were true, but I did find it interesting to meet him one night at a party
up Strawberry Canyon held by a artist's colony, some of whom were raging
drag queens. Of course in those unenlightened days, he submitted his
resignation a few weeks later, and transferred to UC Santa Cruz where such
things were tolerable by the higher powers of the campus.

Of course, his resignation was accepted (some say encouraged) by Ronald
Reagan, soon-to-become Governor of California.

Dave
--
Dave Laird ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
The Used Kharma Lot

 Fortune Random Thought For the Minute
Good day to let down old friends who need help.