Conster the Monster wrote in part:

>I've also become frustrated
>with the doctors available that will give some of us that need meds to
>control our pain levels, more than our pain levels require until we
>are walking around in a painless haze unable to function on a
>cognitive level.

You see that many doctors who overmedicate for pain?  I'd think most
patients would complain if that were the case, although some of them are
old and cognitively impaired and not in position to easily refuse drugs.
Outside of nursing homes and similar cases, is overtreatment of pain really
a problem?

> It's all about the bucks.

More reimbursement if they can code it as a painful condition for insurance
purposes?

The problem I hear much more about is UNDERmedication of pain cases, but
I'd be interested in reading about the opposite too if you've knowledge of
such practices.

In Your Sly Tribe,
Robert