Good morning, everyone...

If you aren't already sitting down, you might want to grope behind you for
a chair and sit down before you do anything else.

According to a 5:13 AM phone call I received from Connie this morning,
Connie's daughter, Stephanie, had what is being termed a stroke about
midnight last night and is being flown by Lifeflight to Spokane's
Deaconess Hospital this morning in a coma. As if that weren't enough, when
Connie received word of her daughter's stroke, while she was on route to
the hospital in Moses Lake, Connie was involved in a car wreck, hitting a
light post and two parked cars.

In our phone conversation, Connie seems to be OK, other than the fact she
is hysterical and babbling on the phone, but if that were MY daughter and
I'd just been in a car wreck trying to get to the hospital, I'd be
hysterical and babbling, too.

When Connie called, I was already awake and doing what I do every morning,
so I was fully awake, had plenty of fresh coffee and pretty much braced
for whatever the day brought my way... EXCEPT THIS.

If you have any handy all-purpose prayers for friends facing tragic
occasions, you might want to whip them out early this Sunday morning.
Connie is coming to Spokane right now by car, but in her own words, it
sounds like they might lose Stephanie in the deal. I'll post more
information as soon as it is made available.

Dave
--
Dave Laird ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
The Used Kharma Lot