In my email reader (MS Outlook), it was attachments inside attachments
inside attachments--one of which identified the attachment as likely spam.
I was able to open it, however.

Those concerned about the President's so-called "secret spying on Americans"
really ought to read through the whole NY Times article before jumping to
conclusions.  The article begins with a dramatic lede--and then proceeds to
almost entirely debunk it.  For instance, the President supposedly did this
stuff in secret.  But Senator Rockefeller (D-WV) knew about it, the FISA
judge knew about it, other Congresscritters knew about it.  So, it was
"secret" in that it was not shared with the American people (just like the
fact that the US broke the Japanese code during WWII was kept "secret") but
it was not secret in quite the way that the lede implies--namely that Bush
was off doing something entirely on his own.

Of course, the article coming out just now couldn't possibly have anything
to do with the fact that its author has a book coming out, or that the
article is basically a preview of a chapter.  No, no.  The journalists are
completely non-biased, non-partisan truth-tellers who have only the highest
integrity and interests.

Right.

Lowell C. Savage
It's the freedom, stupid!