https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=173696

            Bug ID: 173696
           Summary: LibreOffice cropped/resized images distorted with KDE
                    Plasma and 150% scaling
           Product: LibreOffice
           Version: 26.8.0.3 release
          Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64)
                OS: Linux (All)
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: medium
         Component: Impress
          Assignee: [email protected]
          Reporter: [email protected]

Description:
There seems to be an image scaling issue in x-direction, when anything other
than 100% monitor scaling is used.
This occurs in Wayland (x-dimension is off by a lot), but also in X11
(dimension off by 2?), as switching to X11 only works if I let system do the
scaling, not the X11 apps themselves.

I detected it first in Impress, but if I copy the image into Writer same
behavior occurs.
This seems to be especially happening to cropped and resized images, on only in
x-direction (dimension is off a huge amount on Wayland and ~2 with X11).
Not all cropped/resized images seem to behave that way (could not find a
pattern of cropping/resizing is the issue), but I will attach a document for
reproducing the bug.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run KDE Plasma on Wayland.
2. Set display scaling to 150%.
3. Open Libre Office document

Actual Results:
The LibreOffice UI is sharp, but images (especially some that have been cropped
and resized) are visibly distorted (I think scaling in x direction is 150x too
big...?).


Expected Results:
Images should render correctly at 150% scaling when LibreOffice is configured
to handle X11 scaling itself.



Reproducible: Sometimes


User Profile Reset: Yes

Additional Info:
(Insufficient) Workarounds
I found two workarounds, which only realy confirm the scaling issue:
1. Set scaling to 100%: image is displayed correctly (but I cannot read my
screen anymore).

2. start libreoffice as X11 application and let the system do scaling (blurs
everything else).
    1. in KDE Settings: X11 Applictions are scaled by system (when skipping
this setting and only using LibreOffice with xcb the x-distortion still is off
but maybe only by 2).
    2. Start libre office: QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb libreoffice

Other settings I tried
SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb libreoffice (which reports VCL: x11,
with and without enabling Skia rendering) did also not help (with X11 apply
scaling themselves).

Version: 26.8.0.3 (X86_64)
Build ID: 680(Build:3)
CPU threads: 16; OS: Linux 6.12; UI render: default; VCL: kf6 (cairo+xcb)
Locale: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Debian package version: 4:26.8.0.3-2~bpo13+1
Calc: threaded

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to