https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=173766

            Bug ID: 173766
           Summary: Retain original file timestamps on exported PDF files
           Product: LibreOffice
           Version: unspecified
          Hardware: All
                OS: All
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: enhancement
          Priority: medium
         Component: LibreOffice
          Assignee: [email protected]
          Reporter: [email protected]

I often convert .ods and .odt files (as well as .docx and .xlsx files) to PDF
files, using "Export as PDF", before I distribute them by email.  This is done
because the document is a "finished product", and the audience will not need to
edit the file.  For most casual non-techy users, this is a more convenient
format, and they may not even have LO or MS-Office installed.

For document tracking purposes, I would really like the ability to have the PDF
file's time/date last modified timestamp (in the file's internal properties)
reflect the corresponding timestamp in the original file's properties.  If I am
looking at a PDF file, I am much more interested in knowing when the ORIGINAL
file was last edited, rather than when it was exported.

The current behavior (use time/date of export) should continue to be the
default.  But it would be really helpful to have an option in the export dialog
that indicates "retain original source file timestamps", or something like
that.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to