https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=173612

--- Comment #6 from [email protected] <[email protected]> ---
By now, I often know which romaji to enter in order to convert it to the
correct kanji. Sometimes, however, it’s very difficult to determine which
hiragana correspond to the kanji I’m looking for. I learn a lot of Japanese by
typing out all the texts from my textbooks (Mina no Nihongo) in romaji and
trying again and again until I get the text right.
When I—as a Dutch reader—include Japanese text with furigana in my Dutch notes,
it’s immediately clear what the base text is and what the furigana is. But when
I’ve retyped long passages and added furigana, it becomes difficult for me to
identify the lines at a glance. So it’s only for longer text fragments that
increasing the line spacing (as shown in the second screenshot) would be
helpful.

I thought “Ruby” referred to the combination of kanji and furigana, so it
seemed to me that Ruby was the most logical place for it.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to