On Tue, 2012-01-10 at 07:12 -0800, Pedro wrote:

> OTH more releases means more features but also more bugs. And because new
> bugs occur, old bugs are left behind.
> Here is an example of what I'm talking about (and the reason why I insisted
> on giving more weight to 3.4.5 than to 3.5.0...)
> http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Blood-pressure-chart-doesn-t-work-tt3646489.html#a3647580

The truth is that different people have different pet peeve bugs they
want backported to 3.4.x, and we can't respond to all of them because
it's extra work.  Backporting a change is not free, someone has to
review the change and make sure that change won't introduce regressions.
And that's not as easy as you may think, since a lot of things are
different between 3.4 and 3.5, and 3.4 being marked stable, there is
additional effort required to ensure no regressions.

As for the bug you mentioned, you just need to prod someone to review,
sign off, and backport that change.  I can't do it since I'm the one you
made the change; it needs to be reviewed by another developer.

> To be honest I'm puzzled that a program which reportedly is used by 25
> *million* people worldwide has half a dozen people in QA... I guess this
> shows a lot about human nature :(

Could you clarify on this?  I'm not sure how to interpret this.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc