Hi Roman and Rainer,

Le 2012-08-19 04:29, Rainer Bielefeld a écrit :
Roman Eisele schrieb:
Am 18.08.12 03:57, schrieb Marc Paré:
Would it make sense to add "Accessibility" as another component to the
Bug Assistant? Maybe this would encourage people to submit more
accessibility bugs? Not to mention that the component would show at the
very first steps of reporting, which may help people find it more easily
if they are reporting with the use of a reader?

IMHO we should not have too many components, because this will make it
more difficult (instead of easier) to find the matching one, but I
second this proposal. Free and open software should be open for as many
people as possible, so accessibility is a very important feature for a
FLOSS office suite like LibreOffice, and therefore it may be helpful to
have a special component for issues related to accessibility. At least
the special component will remind us all everyday about the importance
of considering accessibility everywhere ;-).

Just my 2 cents ;-)

I think we already have many components already which I actually find useful -- I don't think adding one more would hurt the BSA. IMO, I would try to add an "Accessibility" component at the very start of the list and try to keep any kind of "Accessibility" listings (menus, lists etc.) as much as possible at the very top of these lists; this will accommodate users (who are making use of LibreOffice accessibility features) to report a bug.

Hello,

I agree with Roman, but it might be a problem for a disabled user do
have to search BSA until he finds ACCESSIBILITY at UI?

One way would be to add it as Sub Component to all relevant Components,
or of course, adding a component.

If we want to encourage accessibility bug reporting issues, then we would want to accommodate our BSA as much as possible for these users who are most probably using accessibility tools to do their bug reporting.

We cannot ignore the fact that, in most jurisdictions, office suites with accessibility features are mandatory before being offered in large sectors such as education and public institutions. I am more concerned with getting LibreOffice accepted in the educational sectors.

May be we can get advice from accessibil...@global.libreoffice.org?

Thanks!

Best regards

Rainer