Forwarded message:

Hi all,

I'm noticing many duplicates and invalid bugs in the bug tracker and keep thinking how we can get a grip on that. Having better organization would be essential to keep the bug tracker clean. So for user suggestions about new features I am suggesting to create an ideas page similar to

* Sibelius: http://sibelius.ideascale.com/
* Path Finder: http://feedback.cocoatech.com/forums/275-path-finder-ideas

That would be a good way to let users participate in a voting process and have them contribute the craziest ideas without cluttering the bug tracker.

Every 2 months or so QA could go over that ideas page and see what get's the most votes (let's not digress into the votes discussion ;) ) or delete invalid ideas with a short comment.

I think that could improve the bug tracker situation and prevent us from wasting precious time. Also the users are challenged more to present their ideas in a nice fashion so they gather more votes.

What do you think?

Best, steve