I've been seeing this more and more lately and am wondering what's going on ;) I'm seeing it by both experienced QA people and by new users. I want to highly recommend reporting through "official channels" to ensure that we don't give the wrong impression to users who join QA list, see bug reports coming through and then start doing the same. Also, I think that it kind of says "if you go to the mailing list first you'll get faster responses" which in my opinion is not the message we want to be spreading.

Just my thoughts.

Warmest Regards,
Joel

P.S. I'm offline for the next 2 weeks so if you need to reach me just be aware that it might take awhile to get back to you :-D