I have now built connectors for both versions which should work for both MySQL and mariadb since autogen includes switches to include the mariadb library files.
     So, now I have some more questions:

1) How should they be numbered? I'm thinking that since they were built using LibreOffice 4.3 that they should be numbered 4.3.0. (At present, I have them numbered 1.0.4_3 which also indicates the version of LibreOffice used to build them.)

2) Is someone willing to test them to see if they work on their computers as well? This is especially true if they have installed Mariadb.

3) What about the MySQL connector 1.03 that I have placed in the Extension web site? Both 32 and 64 bit versions there work with LibreOffice through 4.4.0 alpha but only with MySQL only. They do not work with Mariadb as far as I know.

Dan