Hello guys, just some comments and question about the Windows installer from a user and a Win2000 tester.

Today i wanted to download LO-3.3.0-beta2 for Windows and i left speechless in front of the download size: 318 MB! More than 2 times than beta1. I see that it's an installer that includes all the languages but i wonder if it is really necessary and if the languages are the only cause.

Unpacking the installer i see that it's all due to libreoffice1.cab: about 465 MB. Unpacking them too, i obtain 20401 file, totaling more than 1 GB. Even if the installed size is about 500 MB, isn't the installer too big? I wonder what's the planned direction about it. I were really happy to see a beta1 installer sensibly smaller than the official OOo...

To me were more smart the go-oo approach: an english installer + the interested language pack. The only thing that i wish it were different is an installed language pack integrated with the main application, with one entry in the control panel, so that when i have to uninstall it i have only to do it once. The language pack shouldn't be something that the user need to remove so frequently to deserve an entry in the control panel.

Libreoffice is a really promising project. I really hope that it will follow an "unbloating" process like did the Mozilla project in the past.

Keep up the good work.

Cesare.