Hi Luiz,

On Tue, 2011-05-03 at 16:36 +0200, Jesús Corrius wrote:
> I am making a library of advanced engineeringcalculations (polynomial
> of degree greater thanseven (real and complex roots), theorem
> newtow, discards) among other functions

        Cool :-)

> but the source codeis in java

        Not so cool :-)

> and would provide the libreoffice make it possible for scientists
> and engineers use. So I would know how to do this integration and
> isallowed?.

        If we're going to bundle this stuff, I would strongly prefer it to be
in C++ in this instance here are few reasons why:

        * performance - marshalling each function call and arguments
          via UNO to Java is a disaster: so for heavy engineering
          function usage, this is not a good idea.

        * dependencies - lots of (particularly Windows) users don't
          have Java, and things that require it create very annoying
          usability problems

        * re-factoring #2 - I (for one) have plans to re-write the
          calc computation & storage engine to be substantially faster,
          this may require a chunk of re-work to functions themselves,
          across languages that is harder.

        So - if you can write in C++, and are happy with the MPL/LGPLv3+
dual-license, I'd love to get your stuff included.

        Do you have a build of LibreOffice ? I'd recommend getting one first -
that is easiest on Linux. Then poke around inside
sc/source/core/tool/interpr*.cxx to see how some existing functions work
I suppose :-)

        HTH,

                Michael.

--