Goal:  Visual Studio 2010, where I can fully debug calc with an ability to
compile individual files from library sc, and all of the libraries that are
linked to sc.

State of affairs:  via cygwin64, I can build Libreoffice, in a release mode,
with symbols, and open a LibreOffice.sln with 338 projects in Visual Studio
2010.

Question:

(1)What steps must I do to get autogen.input feature:

-enable-dbgutil

to work?

When I use that option, running 'make' always fails.  I suspect because some
link dependencies are getting built in release mode and create a conflict.

                Do I need to set specific features in autgen.input that will
support -enable-dbgutil

I saw an email that 'make dev-install'  would do what I want..but apparently
that has been deprecated.

My dev env:

Cygwin64.

A git clone of Libreoffice from trunk.

Windows 7, SDK 7.0A, DirectX SDK, MSBuild, Visual Studio 2010 Pro (trial
version)

With these options in autogen.input, my build does finish

--enable-symbols

--enable-pch

--disable-odk

--enable-vlc

--visual-studio=2010

--disable-cve-tests

--with-ant-home=/opt/apache-ant-1.9.2

--with-junit=/opt/junit/share/java/junit-4.4.jar

After a good build, I run

make vs2012-ide-integration  ( I edit the file to work with VS2010)

And then I can open LibreOffice.sln in visual Studio 2010.

I can't get this optional feature of configure to work

--enable-dbgutil

My build fails.  I suspect because many of the lower level librairies get
built in release mode.and create a conflict.