On 26/11/2014 23:16, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
I wonder if it is politically controversial to be seen as "supporting" a markup language, though, the antithesis to WYSIWYG... Even if it is a quite new and minimal markup language, that doesn't pretend to be even close to full-featured (like troff or TeX).

I can imagine the reaction among the trolling population, "oh, so LibreOffice developers don't like their own software, but prefer to write their documentation in this sixties-style markup language, ha ha ha".

Actually, the KILLER feature of WordPerfect was always its markup mode. And the sooner we can get that (reveal codes) working in Writer, the better!!! Okay, I might be an old-school typist, but imho pure wysiwyg is an AWFUL idea. Dragging stuff around with a mouse is an awful way of getting stuff in the right place!

I've spent my own money on WordPerfect in the past, and would do so again if I had the money to spare - that feature is THAT important to me. Unfortunately, because MS view WP as dangerous competition, my old copies don't work (very well) any more. Seriously, markup-mode IS a killer feature. (Unfortunately, today's vulgate have never known anything other than wysiwyg and don't know what they're missing :-(

Cheers,
Wol