Hi Winfried,

On Wednesday, 2015-03-04 11:36:49 +0100, Winfried Donkers wrote:

> I checked the function definitions for WEEKNUM and ISOWEEKNUM, for ODFF and
> Excel. ODFF and Excel are as good as identical, except that Excel may
> experience problems when the date value is entered is text.

Not only Excel, converting text to numbers during calculation is always
prone to errors. That's why we have
ScInterpreter::ConvertStringToValue() with its more and less restrictive
option settings.

> I intend to ignore that difference and support both WEEKNUM and ISOWEEKNUM in
> Calc.
> As you know, the problem is that the ODFF function name ISOWEEKNUM is
> currently used for a function with WEEKNUM functionality.

Yes. And additionally troublesome is that WEEKNUM_ADD is an Add-In
function and WEEKNUM is not.

> I propose to put right in 2 steps:
> LO version 4.5:
> UI            ODFF                    ODFF-'legacy'           Excel
> WEEKNUM       WEEKNUM         ISOWEEKNUM                      WEEKNUM
> ISOWEEKNUM    ISOWEEKNUM_TMP                                  ISOWEEKNUM

I don't get the ISOWEEKNUM_TMP, what is it supposed to serve?

> and remove UI WEEKNUM_ADD

We will need that somehow for old Excel file formats where all Add-In
functions are stored explicitly as Add-In names which we "automatically"
map to/from our Add-In (which first hand was the reason to implement
those functions as Add-In). Also note that in the old PODF/OOo format
the programmatical Add-In name was stored. Changing that would open
a can of worms. So, completely removing it is not an option, at best
rename it and/or hide it in the FunctionWizard.

> LO version 4.6:
> UI            ODFF                    ODFF-'legacy'           Excel
> WEEKNUM       WEEKNUM         WEEKNUM                 WEEKNUM
> ISOWEEKNUM    ISOWEEKNUM              ISOWEEKNUM_TMP          ISOWEEKNUM

Again, I don't get what the ISOWEEKNUM_TMP serves for, could you
elaborate?

  Eike

GPG key "ID" 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Better use 64-bit 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A here is why: https://evil32.com/
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack