On 03/31/2015 12:15 PM, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
Is it in fact so that nowadays --quickstart does what --invisible is
supposed to do? (Note that just starting soffice with the --quickstart
option has nothing to do with whether that happens automatically when
you log in or not.) If I start soffice with --quickstart and --accept,
nothing is displayed (like with --invisible). If I connect with a UNO
client that opens a document, closes the window, the process stays
running (unlike with --invisible).

Maybe we should in fact just make --invisible a synonym for --quickstart?

While --quickstart indeed visually behaves similar to --invisible, it also actually starts the quickstart service (where available) and thus defeats XDesktop.terminate, unlike --invisible.