On 07/14/2015 12:34 PM, Giuseppe Castagno wrote:
I came across a comment on top of method
SfxMedium::ShowLockedDocumentDialog.

The comment states that lock/unlock should be put in the relevant ucb
component.

You mean the "FIXME: ..." comment added with <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=063b32804c58f663e42444f676af1a1e3a1cc2a8> "Don't use lock files when sandboxed on OS X"? I wouldn't worry too much about it. IIUC, it is concerned with LO's "home-grown" locking scheme (involving additional .~lock.*# files), which is only marginally related to the question whether to send WebDAV UNLOCK when saving vs. when closing a document.

Unfortunately I started implementing the fix managing the WebDAV
lock/unlock from the framework instead.

You mean, you somehow manage with modifications to the framework code to cause the sending of WebDAV UNLOCK to happen upon closing a document, instead upon saving it? Sounds good then, IMO.