Hi meilin,

I use Eclipse and pydev, which works very well on windows. I can inspect all variables and get error messages.
On Linux pydev freezes my mouse clicks, so that's not much of a help.

Take a look at lines 51 - 62 of this file:
https://github.com/XRoemer/Organon/blob/master/source/py/factory.py

You need to install pydev inside Eclipse.
Start the pydev server.
Set a pd() inside of your code.
Your code should stop at pd() and you can inspect the variables.

Best,
Xaver