On 10/12/2011 06:32 PM, Rob Snelders wrote:
Can somebody add this patch to the git?

Hi Rob,

sorry for stepping in so late, just apparently missed your great patch somehow. One thing I'm uneasy with is changing (published) XScannerManager.idl incompatibly. The standard routine for doing such API changes would be to introduce a new interface, say XScannerManager2 (that may or may not derive from XScannerManager, depending on what's more convenient) and a new method with another name there. This may appear a lot of work for dubious benefit (does anybody out there actually use the old interface, so would break?) -- which it is... Still, if you were happy with such a change (and I could lend you a helping hand latest next week when I'm back in Hamburg), that would keep us in line with our existing compatibility practice.

So, if you do not object, I'll see to get this integrated with the proposed change (either if you do the change yourself, or else I can do it with a little more delay).

Thanks a lot for your patience,
-Stephan