Hello,

To give you a background, this "extend range downward" functionality was
Thanks for your explanation.

Following the remark of Eicke, I ended up with 3 possible patches :-/ which all have small differences in behaviour. I have a favorite, but do not want to choose alone. Please push the one you think is the best for the filter drop-down.

The first one is my favorite:
0001-fdo42286-strict-use-of-GetDataArea-and-strict-extens.patch
it extends the area down. It takes into account the cells strictly below the already selected area. It never shrinks / shortens the selected area. This is the one that implement in my opinion the best the behaviour of adding data below already active area.

The second one:
0001-fdo42286-extend-down-but-also-shrink-if-cells-are-em.patch
has the same logic, except it allows to shrink the area, if cells are emptied. This the filter is allowed to extend, it could be seen as logic that it is also allowed to shrink.

The last one:
0001-fdo42286-extend-down-even-if-last-row-empty-but-a-co.patch
extend down, but also if data is added to the first cell bellow. so if you have something like (o means empty cell, x cell with data), initial filter only on B2:D3
ooooo
oXXXo
oXXXo
ooooX
and add the last X below right, the the last line will be included in the area and shown with "empty cells" selection. I do not like this, since it suddenly take into account a column which was not part of the initial filtered area.

Due to my job, I have not been very available last week, and it will be the same this week. (I will not be able to code / push until 9th). would be nice if this could be inserted before branching to 3.5.0

As prerequisite for working, the following commits are needed:

7359ad4fc772bc355905ef8b4a4a7b44dcfc1ebe
2e5023f974dd94dfeec0554ce07d0544f9ce7638
e42ee773ffc12e38d596ce2aa016f0849c4e5ac6

Regards
Pierre-André