Hi,

Indeed, I also do not see the reason for having to check "Enable experimental functions (may be unstable)". Can we remove this step and thus make the StarBasic IDE available by default without more fuss? Also, a kind of "strict" compilation mode on demand seems to me difficult to defend. How do we notify customers about this inconsistency of the StarBasic interpreter? I have a suggestion. We include by default (but only for a time limit of some revisions) an error tolerance of the closing parenthesis. And let's set a warning to compile (as in gcc). Here, it would be necessary for the compiler to have the ability to output a list of all the places in the code where a closing parenthesis is missing. Otherwise, the compiler that stops with each error is really annoying and is wasting time on the programmer who wants to fix the problem.

The warning message could read as follows:

Warning: One or more closing parentheses are missing in one or more expressions.

Regards,

Pierre