28.01.2012 08:41, Korrawit Pruegsanusak пишет:
Hello guys,

Forwarding this to ux-advise. Could you please have a look? Thanks :-)

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 07:19, Albert Thuswaldner
<albert.thuswald...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Hi,
Here is a simple patch which includes a more informative error message
when the user enters an invalid sheet name in calc.
The exact wording can be debated. I opted for a more flowing message
instead of having a list, this seems to be consistent with the other
error/info messages in calc.

/Albert

Hi Albert,

> ... The sheet name must not be a duplicate of an existing name.

Yes.

> ... Further it must be 31 or fewer characters and can not contain the > characters [ ] * ? / \ .

No, AFAIK there is no " <= 31" restriction. And '.' isn't a forbidden character, see the source code:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/sc/source/core/data/document.cxx#n250

But anyway improving this error message would be great! :) I believe that most people hate meaningless error messages.

Thanks,
Ivan