On 02/14/2012 02:33 PM, Michael Meeks wrote:
On Tue, 2012-02-14 at 23:07 +1030, Josh Heidenreich wrote:
What is the markup format to be used in the READMEs?

It's a loose copy of the wikimedia syntax used in the wiki, so:
- Paragraphs are separated by a blank line.
- Headings are in the form "== heading ==" (without the quotes)
- Links to modules are [[module]].
- External links are [link]
- Links to cgit are [git:path/to/file]

        Sounds rather nice; good to re-use wiki markup I suppose, I imagine the
above needs documenting somewhere though; README.README ? ;-)

I wonder whether there's not some package to translate one of those newfangled lightweight markups into HTML which could be reused here?

Stephan