On 2012-03-08 10:59, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
the gmake we use is a cygwin-gmake not a WINDOW32 gmake so to build it on cygwin
yeah, I'm working on the version from the dev-tools/make-3.82-gbuild repository

./configure make should be enough and autotools should detect cygwin
It's detecting gcc and compiling a normal version fine, but it's not compiling the stuff behind the WINDOWS32 #define
Maybe I should be using a different #define, something like
#ifdef WINDOWS32 || __CYGWIN__

properly beside the 'call touch as an inline' thing does not need to be windows specific.
I've coded 2 variants, one general purpose and one specific to windows.
Because
(a) on Windows, I can implement "touch" using exactly one system call,
(b) and because it's practice for some of the other optimisations I'd like to do :-)

granted that on linux it won't probably not translate into big gain, it should not hurt either...
True, which is why I coded the general purpose variant (largely borrowed from GNU touch)