On 04/12/2012 10:00 AM, Noel Grandin wrote:
On 2012-04-11 18:19, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
My understanding is that we use "classic" paths (not starting with
"\\?") whenever they are short enough, anyway. So the problem cannot
be solved with an #if, but (short of abandoning berkeleydb) needs to
be worked around by making sure the LO installation is in a location
with a short path (so that the paths of any files within the
installation that are handed to berkeleydb are also short).

"git grep db_create" says there 5 places within LO where we hand a path
to berkelydb.
Perhaps in that place we can convert to a 8.3 using the Win32 API
GetShortPathName.
Or we could unconditionally convert to a very long path (using "\\?") ?

My understanding is that berkeleydb does not accept \\? style paths. But feel free to experiment.

Stephan