On 28/06/12 19:02, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
[...]
Actually the "for quite a while" spans to 8ab086b6cc054501bfbf7ef6fa509c393691e860, the inital import of button.cxx to CVS :-( - it has been imported in 2000 with this already in place. Looking deeper, I thought that the 'alignment of checkboxes without text' behavior might make sense for the dialogs like Tools -> Options -> Load/Save -> Microsoft Office and alike, where you'd want to center the checkbox;
sure and any such instances could be covered by setting the bounding box of the checkbox appropriately I guess
but it seems to me that it is actually SvLBoxButton that is used there, not CheckBox.
so no issue there ( but don't forget radio buttons afaict are also treated the same way and probably would make sense to change them also )
So - can you in any way check if we are actually using this CheckBox feature anywhere in the UI? [Ie. if we construct a CheckBox without text, but with WB_CENTER or WB_RIGHT?] If we do not use it, I'd get rid of that [even in UNO controls and everywhere], as you proposed. Regards, Kendy
yes, I will try to check ( hopefully without missing anything ) :-) I would also like to make an enhancement to really control the alignment of the control itself e.g. either left or right. This would not affect the behaviour previously described ( which is more about the justification of the label ) but the position of the label relative to the control e.g.

- control aligned left:

[x] some label

- control aligned right:

some label [x]

again such an enhancement is driven by interoperability but... one step at a time :-)

Noel