As Petr found out, if you first run LO 3.6.1, then some old LO 3.5.x (making use of share/prereg/bundled), then LO 3.6.1 again, all on the same UserInstallation, it can still happen that LO 3.6.1 refuses to start (as LO 3.5.x copied potentially broken data to user/extensions/bundled but did not touch user/extensions/bundled/buildid, so that LO 3.6.1 would not detect that it needs to remove the potentially poisonous data again).

<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=e9631f40ee49a244b6c6816e5cfb36814b9bafba> "fdo#53006: And detect LO downgrading scenarios..." addresses that by adding yet another pirouette (even though one could argue that such downgrading scenarios never worked by design, anyway). Between Petr and me, we have seen it to be effective for both Linux and Windows (master, at least). Please review and consider for backporting to libreoffice-3-6.

Thanks,
Stephan