Hi Michael,

On Mon, 2012-08-13 at 17:21 +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
> uhm... considering that this newfangled thing isn't even released yet, i
> would prefer (for now) to default to 0.10 and fall back to 1.0 in any
> generic binary builds

        The 'for now' is only in master. The order is to try to use the latest
& greatest; if it is not there (by default it is not even compiled so =>
that's the majority case) it'll discover that quickly and move on.

>  we can always switch the default to 1.0 for the next release once we
> have some experiences and know there aren't any serious problems.

        Hopefully end-user systems would tend to have only one version of
gstreamer installed, hopefully the latest one.

        ATB,

                Michael.

--
michael.me...@suse.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot