On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michael...@canonical.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 09:14:52PM +0200, John Smith wrote:
>> When I run 'make help' I get this :
>>
>>        unitcheck        run unit tests
>>        slowcheck        run slow unit tests
>>        subsequentcheck  run system tests (requires full installation)
>>        check            run unit tests and if in toplevel subsequentcheck
>>
>> Which gives me the idea that, when run from the top level, 'make
>> check' also runs 'make subsequentcheck ', and that it would make sense
>> to also run 'make unitcheck' and 'make slowcheck' here ? Or am I
>> missing something ?
>
> Make check on toplevel does dev-install and subsequentcheck. And dev-install
> includes both unitcheck and slowcheck.
>
> Best,
>
> Bjoern

Thanks, so 'make check' on the toplevel should be sufficient then to
run all the tests.

One more question: is there a make target that 'only' builds
libreoffice without building any of the tests ? ( I think maybe 'make
build' ?)

Im not sure if I really will need such a target, but I get the
impression that running just 'make' like this "*FLAGS+='-fprofile-arcs
-ftest-coverage' make" will result in the actual tests (code)
themselves be instrumented for coverage analysis as well as the
LibreOffice code; im not quite sure if this matters or not.

Regards,

John Smith.