Hello, everyone,

I have had a great summer working on LibreOffice. I was lucky to have two of the best mentors anyone could hope for: Kohei Yoshida and Markus Mohrhard. All of my work has been guided by them and would not have been possible without them. I will be a better student and software development professional because of my work on LibreOffice this summer. I hope that LibreOffice is a little better because of my work.

We were able to make some great progress on the Calc's import performance. See my blog for an idea of some our achievements: http://dbank-libreoffice.blogspot.com/. There is still work to be done improving the import performance of styles, pivot tables, and more. Which brings me to my next point...

I have really enjoyed working on LibreOffice with my mentors and the LibreOffice community. Even though GSOC is now over and I have resumed taking classes, I'd like to continue to work on LibreOffice when I can. So I will see you all around!

Once again, thank you so much for allowing me to work with you on LibreOffice as a part of this year's GSOC, and thank you all for your continued hard work on all aspects of LibreOffice.

Respectfully,
Daniel Bankston