On 2012-10-02 16:00, Stephan Bergmann wrote:

am unsure about this:

+    OUStringBuffer & operator+=( const OUString &str )
+    {
+        return append( str.getStr(), str.getLength() );
+    }
+
+    /**
+ Appends the string representation of the <code>char</code> array
+        argument to this string buffer.
+
+ The characters of the array argument are appended, in order, to
+        the contents of this string buffer. The length of this string
+        buffer increases by the length of the argument.
+
+        @param   str   the characters to be appended.
+        @return  this string buffer.
+        @since LibreOffice 3.7
+     */
+    OUStringBuffer & operator+=( const sal_Unicode * str )
+    {
+        return append( str, rtl_ustr_getLength( str ) );
+    }

      /**
+ Appends the string representation of the ASCII <code>char</code>
+        argument to this string buffer.
+
+ The argument is appended to the contents of this string buffer.
+        The length of this string buffer increases by <code>1</code>.
+
+        @param   c   an ASCII <code>char</code>.
+        @return  this string buffer.
+
+        @since LibreOffice 3.7
+     */
+    OUStringBuffer & operator+=(char c)
+    {
+        return append(c);
+    }

hmmm... do we really want to have 2 sets of methods append() and
operator+= that do the same thing, possibly with different overloads?

perhaps we should deprecate the append methods... but those often have
addition radix etc, parameters... and is it possible to chain += like
append() in a single statement?

I would just stick to append-only for OUStringBuffer.

(Also, in general, it makes sense to keep changes to oustring/oustrbuf in sync with changes to ostring/ostrbuf.)

Part of my motivation for adding this, besides making String->OUString conversion easier, was that OUString already has the operator+= methods.