Hi,

Newbie developer question: what is the convention around here for backporting fixes to branches?

I see that the 3.6 release plan in wiki says "only important bug fixes", but what counts as important? If a fix seems moderately important to me do I just repost my patch to gerrit against the release branch (perhaps a few days after it was committed to master to let it settle), and see if the reviewer agrees it is important?

What about if my fix is not burningly important, but it seems small and safe - is that something I should resubmit for a release branch too?

Should all fixes be submitted to both 3.6 and 4.0 branches at this stage, or are we more selective with the former branch?

Thanks,
Luke.