Le 31/08/2013 07:35, David Tardon a écrit :

Hi David,

- Using mail merge in Draw.

Just out of curiosity: what is the intended use of this feature?

Although I have no idea what the above project is about, I can think of three off-hand :

- making graphical representations of databases/schemas with connectors between text fields ;

- filling in imported PDF forms ;

- filling in certificates, diplomas, other graphics oriented documents, etc from a datasource for which Writer is unsuitable.

My business use-case would be the PDF form filling from a database, for example. At present, I can import a PDF form into Draw which is supplied to me by an administration, and which contains a particular layout containing editable fields and images. At present, I can either only fill those fields manually from within my PDF reader and then print, or import the form into Draw and copy/paste from my database, which is particularly irksome and painstaking. Being able to merge data directly including images (e.g. my signature) would save me a great deal of time.

Alex