On Sat, 2013-11-02 at 14:18 +0100, Niklas Johansson wrote:
> I've been trying to get a grip on bug fdo#70588 "Accessible labels in
> alerts claim to be ROLE_PASSWORD_TEXT instead of ROLE_LABEL". In short
> this bug makes text inside message dialogs unreadable to screen
> readers (on all platforms).
>
> I've followed the code around a bit and it seems to be an issue with
> different WinBits that has the same value, more exactly WB_WORDBREAK
> and WB_PASSWORD has the same value and indirectly set the
> AccessibleRole to PASSWORD_TEXT.
>
> In newer message dialogs here is were the WB_WORDBREAK gets added:
> http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/vcl/source/window/layout.cxx#2046

Bah, so does
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=6ad8972d4b698617404e53d63f178e34b2d5358a
 make it work. I presume it does. We don't need to use WB_WORDBREAK for
multiline edits, that's implied and like you say the bit is reused under a
different name for a different purpose there.

C.