Andrew ,
the problem is :

"stardiv.Toolkit.UnoDateFieldControls" who has until 4.0 a "date" property who is a ISO representation of the datevalue. Since 4.1 this date property is a structure (day, month, year) who is more handy but painfull for us with hundreds of code lines using the isovalue.

i signaled this already to Lionel, but he he is working hard to solving other base problems, i supose e we should fil a Regresion issue for this ?