On 02/14/2014 03:24 PM, Muthu Subramanian wrote:
How else would we build a hash value without too much work?

If you have a structure consisting of multiple parts, compute hash values for the individual parts and fold them into a single hash value via some suitable function, like f(x, y) = px + y for some prime p.

I have added a hash for SfxItemSet as well recently. (Next step would
be to reuse that hash in SdPage, of course).

...which I had just identified as dead code. ;) Please never introduce unused code. (And those stringify/hashCode functions apparently also don't need to be virtual.)

Stephan