Dear all,

Greetings, I am a new contributor, I have prior experience in building projects
on OS X and Linux, however I have been having issues with LibreOffice on OS X.

On OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) Apple doesn't include Apache Ant by default, so I
installed Ant but when I ran autogen.sh I got the following error:

checking if /usr/local/Cellar/ant/1.9.4/libexec/bin/ant works...
configure: WARNING: Ant does not work - Some Java projects will not build!
checking whether Ant is >= 1.6.0... ./configure: line 39155: test: not
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM: integer expression expected
./configure: line 39158: test: framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Home/bin/java:
integer expression expected
configure: error: no, you need at least Ant >= 1.6.0
configure: error: no, you need at least Ant >= 1.6.0
Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 257.

I executed the following to confirm my java, javac and ant versions:

ant -version
Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.4 compiled on April 29 2014

java -version
java version "1.8.0_05"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.5-b02, mixed mode)

javac -version
javac 1.8.0_05

I have used ant, java and javac and they all work. I compiled and ran different
java code samples and I ran ant -f fetch.xml -Ddest=system which returned
successfully.

There is a previous mailing list discussion regarding this same problem
(http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Building-LibreOffice-on-Mac-failed-td4095956.html)
 and no solution was provided.

-- Alamri Hussian