On 07/30/2014 04:15 PM, Lubos Lunak wrote:
On Tuesday 29 of July 2014, Michael Stahl wrote:
On 29/07/14 01:39, V wrote:
The only thing bugging me is that the extern-and-not-defined plugin is
not really werror compatible because it seems to warn in a lot of
places. To disable it I moved into a "disabled" folder and told git to
ignore it so I dont commit that changed, but it seems to reappear
everytime I pull.

interesting ... i've had the same problem with 2 of the clang plugins;
at least with the clang packages on Fedora 20, they report warnings in
_header_ files despite the plugins having a check that the offending
statement "isInMainFile()" - perhaps it's some clang bug that does not
occur with the clang versions the authors of the plugins used?  well
there is macro expansion involved in the problems i saw, argh...

  I think the call to isInMainFile() should not use spellingLocation, but just
the location given by functionDecl->getLocation() .

I had the faint recollection that old clang::SourceManager::IsFromMainFile did require its SourceLocation argument to actually be a spelling location, and would otherwise trigger an assert in assert-enabled Clang builds. But I right now finished a build against old Clang 3.3 of full LO "make check" including <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=145b0de1569229c797084040caa2386c8cf1ee4e> "fix for running externandnotdefined plugin on Ubuntu" (i.e., no longer using spellingLocation) and at least that succeeded, so my memory may well be wrong.

Stephan