Dear libreplanet,

I'm hoping to buy some toys as gifts for a couple kids aged between ~3-5, and I'm hoping to get them (especially the little girls) interested in the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) subjects.

Can people recommended some freedom-respecting toys for this purpose? It doesn't even have to be something installed in a computer, for example CS Unplugged (http://csunplugged.org/books/) has a great book that teaches basic computer science principles.

Maybe we can then submit these ideas to the FSF's holiday gift recommendations list.

Thank you!