Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 00:03:57 -0700
From: Karen Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Coloured Cases, Mouse Covers and Keys - Joint order?]

David,

>> But where in the world are these items??
>
  >In Japan, of course!
>
  >Toshiba Japan's web site lists them:
 >
  >http://www5.toshiba.co.jp/gradeup/index_j.htm

I meant the real ones.... actual colored cases one can buy for
a spare.... and color coordinated keyboards/mouse covers etc
to go with them.

But all I see on this site is painting our original cases, which it
seems they say turns out to be quite a thick coating.... which
I don't think I would like.

That is why I was talking to my son about painting it myself
using exterior laquer-based spray paint for cars. Put two
coats of that on and then a flat wax job on top and it would
be pretty indestructible... he didn't think there would be anything
in that paint that would hurt the plastic either.

But then painting the keys and putting new labels on them....
sigh.... big job!!  Maybe when I retire and have nothing else
to do...  :-)

Karen
gg