Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 16:15:44 +1000
From: "Tim Pitman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Semi-OT: Libretto 50 and wireless networking cards

I've been using an Aviator 2.4 PCMCIA card in my Libretto 50 for a couple of
months.  I beleive that these card are physically the same as the Aviator
Pros, but with different software drivers.

I have one card in a desktop computer connected to a LAN, which runs the
supplied WinProxy under windows 95 for internet sharing.  Since this is able
to work with a networked internet connection (as opposed to a dialup
connection), I assume that it would have no problem with a cable modem.  The
particular proxy program is somewhat temperamental with ICQ and I havent
been able to get it to work with telnet.  Overall, the software side of
things works well, and would be even better if I set up a proper gateway
machine running Linux instead of using proxy software.

With regard to the card itself, I have never had any thermal problems, even
with fairly long periods of use.  My libretto is overclocked to 100MHz.  The
card does get a bit warm, though.

Overall, I think the Aviator cards are excellent value for Libretto wireless
networking.  (here in Australia, a pair of PCMCIA cards and an ISA adpater
retails for $260, while all other wireless network cards retail for about
$400 each for PCMCIA versions)

Tim