Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:09:59 +0000
From: Libretto List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Port=?ISO-8859-1?B?6Wfp?= 70XX-Series

on 26/9/00 1:00 pm, Lawrence Young at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 08:52:15 -0400

>> Dont fancy selling it do you? =O)
>
> Not a chance. I'll frame it on the wall when my Lib dies =o)

hehehe =O)
Lib's dont die, they just move on to a better place...

>>> And I don't think I ever need an enhanced docking station because all it
>>> addes is two USB ports which I already have for cheaper,
>>
>> I like the addition of the extra PCMCIA slots on the 100 dock. nice and
>> handy.
>
> What for? I have keyboards, mouse, network adapter, modem, serial port
> adapter all connected to my USB ports. And there is one more PCMCIA slots
> left on the machine.

SCSI, and now the GSM phone connection. IIRC you can have problems running
things like scanners and keyboards off the same USB point under Win95.
Athough having teh extra card I guess would stop that happening?

I "personally" wouldnt want to run SCSI and ethernet over a USB connection.

>>> aside from all the problems reported by the users
>>> of enhanced docking station.
>>
>> what kind of things?
>>

> Overheating. Crashing. Problem with standby/hibernating etc.

Havent noticed anything yet, but I'll look out for it.

Cheers

Dave