Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 11:17:49 +0900
From: Viboon Chaojirapant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re[2]: Anybody in Thailand/Malaysia/Singapore?

Hi Fubar,

> I'm backpacking through these countries and carrying a dead Libretto.
> I'm unable to determine if the problem lies with my hard drive controller or
> the hard drive itself. I understand that by slotting my drive into another
> Libretto, or the drive from another Libretto into mine, I'd have an answer
> in less time than it normally takes to boot...

>From http://www.toshiba-asia.com/ -->

Malaysia   Tele Dynamics Sdn Bhd              Tel: 60-3 7552988
           2A Jln 13/1, 46200 Petaling Jaya   Fax: 60-3 7575479
           Selangor Darul Ehsan

Singapore  Toshiba Data Dynamics Pte Ltd      Tel: 65-7418181
           10 Kallang Sector                  Fax: 65-7482505
           Data Dynamics Building
           Singapore 349 280

Thailand   Chevalier OA (Thailand) Ltd        Tel: 662-2244570
           Chevalier House,                   Fax: 662 2240068
           540 Bamrungmuang Road
           Debsirin, Pomprab,
           Bangkok 10100

I think you will have a better chance of getting
someone who speaks English in Malaysia or Singapore.

Anyway, I think the best way to do is to go to one
of those malls where they sell laptops, and ask them
to check your hard disk for you. They can easily
check whether your hard disk is dead or alive.

Hope this helps.

--
Cheers,
Viboon